- RevFire monitor with lanyard
- 2 - 12" RevFire softballs
- 2 - AA monitor batteries
- Users manual
The sports bag holds up to 3 RevFire softballs and has a protective compartment for the monitor. The 12"
optic yellow RevFire balls are official size and weight poly-core balls with premium leather, a raised seam
construction, and red and black stitching. The softballs have a grippable surface feel which pitchers expect.
The RevFire monitor displays speed in MPH and spin in revolutions per second (RPS) and can be used with
RevFire baseballs and softballs. The monitor's two AA batteries will provide many hours of use and may
require replacement only once a season when the low battery indicator appears. RevFire balls are not for
hitting or game play.
The RevFire is the spin metering tool used in the NFCA Recruiting Camps.
- Displays speed and spin rate.
- Logs maximum speed and spin.
- Counts the number of pitches.
- Tracks multiple balls used in the same area without conflict.
- Measures spin rates with an accuracy of +/- 0.25 RPS.
- Easier to use than a radar gun. No pointing or aiming is required. Coaches can use the monitor
anywhere within 40 feet of the catcher. No requirement to be in line with pitches.
- Pitchers do not tense up from looking into a radar gun.
- For use without a coach, the monitor has an Automatic mode of operation and built-in support for
placement on the ground next to the catcher, or a lanyard to hang it around the neck.
- Works with RevFire baseballs, too.
- Pitchers respond well to instant objective feedback. With the RevFire they can more quickly learn
techniques that produce the best breaking ball, sinker, or rise ball. Rather than trying to overpower the
ball to impress a radar gun pointed at them, the pitchers focus on the proper release mechanics
required to achieve strong rotation. They gain an awareness of spin and a motivation to improve their
stats relative to their peers. Effective breaking ball pitchers can provide hard RevFire metrics to
college and professional recruiters.
- Coaches can evaluate pitching ability and technique with hard numbers, gain new insight into training
methods, identify pitchers whose spin fades as they tire, and see who's breaking ball is 'on' in the
bullpen. The fact that the RevFire does not have to be held in line with the pitch and pointed at the
pitcher changes the dynamics of pitching instruction. Subtle RevFire speed and spin measurement
can be done by the coach out of the line of sight of the pitcher. A coach can tell his pitcher that her
riseball, for example, can't be part of her game time repertoire until the spin rate is increased from 16
RPS to 23 RPS. The RevFire also adds a powerful new dimension to pitching prospect evaluation.
"WOW. I had a 15 year old player
who just could not understand spin
and the speed of the spin. In 30
minutes she went from 8.5 to 13.5
- Head Coach Winthrop University
- Big South Conference Coach of the
Year '05 & '07
"All of my 18 select pitchers can spin
the riseball and curveball above 26
rps. I have 10 girls that spin the ball
over 30 rps, and 4 girls that spin over
36 rps. ... I have increased the ball
spin on all of my pitchers using your
revfire. ...Your revfire has done
wonders for all of my advanced
students and I would recommend it
to anyone as a training tool."
- Former Pitching Coach to Olympic
Gold Medal Pitcher Cat Osterman
|Copyright 2008-2015 RevFire Corporation. All rights reserved.